What is a Dating App?
A Dating App is an online dating service that is downloadable using a smartphone. To date, there are numerous Dating Apps in the market; some of which are free while some require a membership charge.
Most of them make use of a smart phone’s GPS location services/capabilities to identify members who are within close proximity to the user.
This makes it possible for a particular user to meet someone who is just nearby. Dating apps take advantage of a smart phone’s consistent on-hand presence, accessibility to digital image galleries and e-wallets to defy traditional dating and introduce a modern way to find a date via the internet.
Features and Benefits of Dating Apps
- Offers a portability factor which means that you can use them anytime and anywhere
- May reveal mutual friends to develop a sense of comfort and trust
- Features a profile for every member so you can determine your compatibility
- Offers a fast way to score a date through smart phone’s GPS capability
- Ideal for busy individuals who want a lot of options
- Ideal for people who work from home and have very limited social interaction
- Instant meet up with members who are just nearby
- Members can upload their pictures so you can actually see their physical attributes
Popular Dating Apps
Tinder is the most popular online dating app among the 17 to 25 –year old age bracket. Known for its swiping mechanics, a lot of users find the concept fun and quite amusing. It is available in most countries worldwide and features 3.8 million users.
Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel goes by its concept of encouraging the users to establish meaningful relationships. Female users can receive up to 5 matches per day from men who liked their profile; while men can view up to 21 potential matches per day. In most cases, matches are based on mutual Facebook friends.
Badoo works as a dating app and as a social discovery app rolled into one. It features a growing community of users which has reached 345 million worldwide. It allows its users to find people in 190 countries and its available in 47 languages hence making it a popular choice.
Bumble is the second most popular app among millennial users. It focuses on giving women more power and control on dating apps. It has expanded ever since to allow its users a wider range of options like finding friends and making professional connections.